Pages

Saturday 10 August 2019

Poetry of the day


HYMN


I have come down from my hermitage;
I have a job, a family, friends.

I don’t have any more that swift accurate eye
for naming things, names
that parted the world.
Now I grope carefully,
edge to the fringes of new meanings
and hold back.
The world is full
of old meanings.

I am learning to weep
another kind of weeping,
that does not lift me
with its knowledge.
I am too far from home now,
making family, friends, like pacts
for safe passage.


1 comment:

  1. The edge we are all at
    Our generation worries about the new meanings and the future ahead. We watch in silence tense as meanings change as words are redefined and emotions mutated. We watch and let things flow in silence and in pain.
    Apprehensive and tense and yes
    WAITING
    For the knock

    ReplyDelete